3 Limes On A Shelf is an ‘up’ fusion type tune in 4s.
The solo section moves through four key / mode centres, and as usual I’ve indicated good safe scale / mode choices for soloing, but – once again – do experiment!
3 Limes was recorded at 127 bpm.
The key signature is Bb & F# (for C instruments), C & Ab (for Bb instruments), G & Eb (for Eb instruments).
The structure is: 12 bar intro / AAB / solo section x 2 / AB.
If you’d like to play 3 Limes yourself, you can buy a ‘playalong’ pack for £2 on Bandcamp:
The pack consists of;
- the guide mp3 track (with guide sax)
- the ‘minus one’ (no sax) mp3 backing track
- an mp3 of the solo section looped (repeated) four times for soloing practise
- a single solo section for use in DAWs and looper apps & pedals
- printable lead sheets in Bb, Eb & C versions, (including scale choice suggestions for the solo sections)
Here’s the Eb version of the score with the audio:
NB. For Bb tenor and soprano sax players the notes are all a fourth higher.
Other available tunes & loops:
Blowing Turmeric Off The Gravel